Is there anyway that I can force Perl DBI to not use TNSNAMES.ORA and
instead use Oracle Internet Directory?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Foken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:29 AM
To: Loo, Peter # PHX
Cc: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: Re: DBI->data_sources('Oracle')

First guess: $ORACLE_HOME/NETWORK/ADMIN/TNSNAMES.ORA  or
$ORACLE_HOME/NET80/ADMIN/TNSNAMES.ORA.

Alexander
On 02.05.2006 20:15, Loo, Peter # PHX wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Will someone please tell me where this module is getting the
>information from?  One of my severs that I am trying to connect to is
>NOT listed in the output of:
>
>@databases = $dbh->data_sources('Oracle');
>
>Thanks.
>
>Peter
>

>This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
E-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.

--
Alexander Foken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.foken.de/alexander/