I have several ( 100 - 200 ) small exits c oming from an app that update db2
tables. This works fine but the dba's don't like that many open connection
overheads. This isn't cgi/apache. These are all seperate terminating
processes. From what I gather there is no way to pass the dbh between
processes? Is some sort of middle daemon ( I guess non perl ) that keeps one
persistent connection to db2 and then have perl feed the daemon the only
option? I would think others have run into this wall before?

Thanks!

Why is this technology an anathema to me?