According to David McMath <mcd...@stanford.edu> on Thu, 05/27/10 at 18:27:

> We dealt with a similar problem, moving from comfortable old server to a
> shiny new one.  Perlmonks had some interesting advice:
>
>       http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=203148
>
> which I think is pretty cool (even though I only barely understand what
> it's going).

I like what I see there, and like you, it will take some meditation
to find out the inner truth normally revealed to true believers...  ;-)

This might actually work!  Thanks.

> One of our folks ended up, though, using the CPAN::FindDependencies
> module and writing some stuff that walks up through our use statements
> until it finds something that's not ours, then asks CPAN.  You mention
> you're not using the normal CPAN model, but FindDependencies acutally
> goes back to a cpan site to get its answers, so maybe that's OK.

According to the POD for CPAN::FindDependencies there is this:

   "Any modules listed as dependencies but which are
   in the perl core distribution for the version of
   perl you specified are suppressed."

So this would disincline me from trying to use CPAN::FindDependencies.

But this gave me an idea!  I looked for "dependencies" on CPAN and found this:

<http://search.cpan.org/~jlleroy/Devel-Dependencies-1.00/lib/Devel/Dependencies.pm>

This looks promising at first blush...

> Maybe this is helpful,

Thanks again.