On 07/07/10 8:37 AM, lippel anna wrote:
Hello guys, I am supposed to have the Sybase Open Client library installed in my pc under the
folder "OCS-12_0". I started the installation of DBD::Sybase with the download provided
on CPAN and when I run perl Makefile.PL it tells me "Unknown Client Library version - assuming
FreeTDS." so basically he's not finding the open client library. On his README Michael Peppler
tells before starting to install:
"Make sure that the SYBASE environment variable points to the Sybase
installation that you want to use for this build. The easiest way
to do this is to source the SYBASE.sh/SYBASE.csh or SYBASE.bat file
in the root directory of the Sybase installation you want to use."

May be that's about my problem but I don't understand how to do this. I am
totally new to this and perl as well could someone please help me?

thats worded in a rather unix-y way. If there is a sybase.bat file, just execute it from the 'dos' window that you're doing the builds in. before starting the make process.

or, what that first part is saying is...

SET SYBASE=C:\OCS-12_0

(assuming thats where your ocs-12_0 folder is... adjust to suit)