On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 03:23:18PM +1100, Cosimo Streppone wrote:
> stat("/usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBI/DESTROY.al", 0x7f341e8459b0) = -1 ENOENT (No
> such file or directory)

It took me a while to track down where that object was coming from.
It's from a tie I added many years ago to help catch people doing DBI->{Attrib}.
(I don't think it's relevant to your issue but I was curious.)
I'll remove it for the next release as it was never very useful
and that'll save the search for a DESTROY method.

> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
>
> I've checked changelogs for more recent versions of dbd::mysql (I have
> 4.016) and dbi (1.611), but nothing seems to mention any segfault fixes.
>
> I'll try installing the most recent versions from CPAN for now.  Any
> other idea?

A stack trace from a core file is always a good place to start.

Tim.