On 03/06/2011 20:58, eric.b...@barclayscapital.com wrote:
Thanks, John.

If anyone can comment with authority on the lack of intraspection capabilities
in DBD::Sybase, that'd be helpful.  I looked through the code as well, and
didn't find anything to say one way or another.  Get_info() appears to be
relatively new to DBI, and it look slike there is some facility to generate the
code required to populate get_info() for your DBD's, but nothing that says one
way or another if there is actually any way to get info form the driver.

Hoping someone can help here.  We are currently running DBD::Sybase for Sybase
and moving toward using DBD::ODBC for MSSQL instead of using FreeTDS under
DBD::Sybase for MS SQL.  IN any case, it would be particularly helpful if we
could ask the driver object what type of DB it's a connection handle to.

________________________________
From: John Scoles [mailto:byter...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 11:46 AM
To: Berg, Eric: IT (NYK); dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: RE: DBD::Sybase and DBI->get_info()

Well looking at the code there does not seem to be any get_info in DBD::Sybase
so I think you are out of luck

Cheers
John

From: eric.b...@barclayscapital.com
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:38:59 -0400
Subject: DBD::Sybase and DBI->get_info()

As we migrate our codebase from Sybase (DBD::Sybase) to MS SQL (DBD::ODBC), it
would be helpful to have low-level info about the drivers available, and it seems
that the DBI->get_info() method is the place to go for that. It is supported
adequately in DBD::ODBC, but it appears that DBD::Sybase doesn't support
get_info().

Am I missing something about using get_info(), or does DBD::Sybase provide
low-level driver info another way?

Any idea how to get info out of DBD::Sybase?

Thanks.

Eric

Search for "Generating the get_info method <http://search.cpan.org/%7Etimb/DBI-1.616/lib/DBI/DBD.pm#Generating_the_get_info_method>" at http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.616/lib/DBI/DBD.pm

It tells you how to generate the get_info method for a driver.

Martin