On 28/09/2011 20:41, Jeff Tate wrote:

I am developing an app that pulls data from a Teradata data-server through DBI, DBD::ODBC. It is developed on a Win32 platform, but targeted for an AXI platform.

In debugging a difference between the two platforms (after rigorous code identity policing) I used Data::Dumper to print the in-memory image of the working data after running a stored procedure and then running ’fetchrow_hashref’. I have attached an edited file that shows:

·One tag retrieved only on AIX

·Two tags named differently across the Win and AIX instances

I have looked at obvious sources and not seen any warnings about this. Can anybody tell me if this is a known issue, and if so whether there is a canonical way of handling it.

Thanx

I'm maintain DBD::ODBC and I'm happy to try and help but with all respect I don't even know where to start with the information you have provided. You are calling a procedure which generates some sort of result-set and it returns different results when run to the same database with 2 different ODBC drivers on Windows and AIX at the same time? The possibilities are endless. If you care to narrow the problem down to something more specific someone who knows nothing about your systems can look in to I'll take another look.

Martin