On 27/10/2011 02:46, Lyle Brooks wrote:
I have created some Perl bindings for some existing custom C++
libraries.

One of these C++ libraries implements a class that uses Oracle
OCI calls.

I would like to create a connection to the Oracle database
using Perl's DBI (DBD::Oracle) module, and then ideally share
that connection with the C++ libraries.

This would require me to extract the Oracle OCI handles from
the $dbh object...and then pass them to the C++ libraries.

What would be the best way to get access to the underlying
Oracle OCI handles from a $dbh object?
I could be wrong but I don't think there is a way right now. You'd need to add an attribute or 2 on the $dbh to return them. It is fairly easy and if you've done some XS already I doubt you'd have much problem. Just do a search for an attribute like ora_parse_error_offset.

Martin

--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited