If I remember what the docs told me (we recently went through an upgrade
from 9i to 10g), any thing pre 1.26 can work with anything up to 9i. 1.26
and later can work 9i and 10g however 11g and 12 will not work unless you
upgrade further.

I THINK I have that right.. However the DBD::Oracle documentation is where
I got all this so, have a look.

Thanks,
Carl Furst
CMS Developer
carl.fu...@mlb.com
AIM: furstmlb
work: 212-485-4502
cell: 917-837-4558

On 1/23/12 10:20 AM, "John Scoles" <byter...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I would have to agree with Martin.  The bigest jump, code-wise was the
>jump between 16~17 so you are very much out of luck if you want to get
>anything fixed in 16 or eariler. I you update to 17 first and see what
>happens you will get a good idea if you can update any futher.  I also
>depends on the version of oracle DB and client you are using.
>CheersJohn
> > Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:14:24 +0000
>> From: martin.ev...@easysoft.com
>> To: dbi-users@perl.org
>> Subject: Re: What is the oldest community supported versions for PERL
>>DBI and DBD::ORACLE?
>>
>> On 23/01/12 14:13, TIDWELL, GARY wrote:
>> > Hi all, we are currently using DBD::ORACLE 1.16 and DBI 1.46, and I'm
>>having a tough time
>> > trying to determine if either of these are still supported by the
>>open source community.
>> >
>> > All help is appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Gary
>> >

>> DBI 1.46 isn't even on cpan now - it has been moved to backpan. It was
>>released 16 Nov 2004 and has been superseded by 19 releases on CPAN.
>>
>> DBD::Oracle 1.16 was released 22 Oct 2004 and has been superseded by 23
>>releases.
>>
>> So you are using 7 year code both of which has moved on a lot since
>>then.
>>
>> I help out with both of those modules and if you had a problem with
>>either of them that old my response would likely be to upgrade. However,
>>it depends on what you mean by "support" - what do you mean?
>>
>> Presumably because you are using really old perl modules either a) the
>>code was written ages ago or b) you need to use a really old version of
>>Perl newer DBI and DBD::Oracle modules no longer support? If it is (a)
>>then so long as you don't change anything why would you need support? If
>>it is (b) and you seriously cannot move to a newer Perl you've got the
>>same problem with Perl itself.
>>
>> With DBD::Oracle, the latest version is so different from the one you
>>are using (code-wise) I doubt even if you found a bug which was still
>>present in the newest release you'd persuade anyone to also fix it in
>>1.16.
>>
>> Perhaps you need to explain why you've asked the question.
>>
>> Martin
>> --
>> Martin J. Evans
>> Easysoft Limited