I'm not new to DB's or to building queries of all shapes and sizes.  I'm
also pretty conversant in perl's basic database connectivity.  However,
I'm trying to find a good tutorial (or something) on how to use queries
with DBIx.

I've inherited a database where the DBIx resultset is simply dumping the
entire contents of the table to html and I don't want that.  The problem
is I can't find anything remotely useful to tell me how to get started
implementing SQL options (WHERE, GROUP BY, etc) in that structure.  I've
read it can me done, but darned if I know how.

Can anyone throw me a bone?