Jess Robinson wrote:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Matt Lawrence wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I am having a problem, in which I couldn't get the relationship column
data by using prefetch.
My relationship is declared like this, suppose we have two tables:
railway and railway_station, which relationship is 1 to many.

railway_station is a has_many relationship, so you can't prefetch it.
You could do it the other way around and prefetch "railway" from a
RailwayStation resultset however:

Rubbish, whatever gave you that idea?

Docs say:

|prefetch| can be used with the following relationship types: |belongs_to|, |has_one| (or if you're using |add_relationship|, any relationship declared with an accessor type of 'single' or 'filter').

You can indeed prefetch a has_many rel.

Excellent. How does that work? Do you get one instance of each object with a prepopulated resultset?

Matt