Emmanuel Quevillon wrote on 2008-04-18: > Hi, > > I am a big fan of DBIx::Class, I think that is a great tool. > However, I did not find an easy way to query database using > multiple table in the FROM clause with DBIx::Class e.g: > > SELECT p.id, p.name, q.id, q.level FROM public p, group g > WHERE p.id=g.id AND p.name LIKE '%class%'; > > I know you'll answer, "Why don't you use join?". Well when I > use join, my queries are very slow sometimes, and I realized > that querying this way is much faster (in my case at least). >
Comma means INNER JOIN: (from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/join.html) 'INNER JOIN and , (comma) are semantically equivalent in the absence of a join condition: both produce a Cartesian product between the specified tables (that is, each and every row in the first table is joined to each and every row in the second table).' Byron > So I'd like to know if it is possible to create such query > with DBIx::Class? > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards > > Emmanuel > -- > ------------------------- > Emmanuel Quevillon > Biological Software and Databases Group > Institut Pasteur > +33 1 44 38 95 98 > tuco at_ pasteur dot fr > ------------------------- > > _______________________________________________ > List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class > IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class > SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/ > Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix- > [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/ Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
