Dave Howorth via RT wrote:
Mon Apr 21 12:19:24 2008: Request 35266 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by DJH
       Queue: DBIx-Class-UUIDColumns
     Subject: installs failed
   Broken in: 0.02003
    Severity: Important
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Status: new
 Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=35266 >


I just tried to install the module on two machines. Both failed, with
apparently different faults:

=======
m/c 1 :
=======

There appears to be an undeclared dependency on a particular version of
SQL::Translator:


[snip]

t/uuid.............DBIx::Class::Schema::deploy(): Can't deploy without
SQL::Translator 0.08: 'SQL::Translator version 0.08 required--this is
only version 0.07 at (eval 164) line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 164) line 2.
' at t/lib/DBIC/Test.pm line 66
# No tests run!
t/uuid.............dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 1-13
        Failed 13/13 tests, 0.00% okay

Thank you for filing a bug report. Please see this link for history on the matter:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03700.html

I declare this NMB: Not My Bug. DBIC deploy() is bailing on a version requirement not listed in its Makefile.PL, thus making installation of any dist that uses deploy() for its tests impossible. I see this same failure message on the DigestColumns dist as well.

Of course, we can:

- put SQL::T 0.08 in my dists Makefile.PL PREREQ...but it's not my requirement

- put SQL::T 0.08 in the code that checks to see if SQL::T is available in my dists test class...but I would have to update that everytime DBIC decides it needs a newer version (and doesn't declare it in it's prereq)

- punt and say upgrade to SQL::T 0.08 and ask again o nthe DBIC list on what to really do about this


For now I choose the latter. :-)

-=Chris

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to