Hi,

On Jun 18, 2009, at 7:52 PM, Daniel Ruoso wrote:

Em Qui, 2009-06-18 às 13:18 +0100, Pedro Melo escreveu:
I'm wrapping DBIx::Class over a legacy database that uses the
iso-8859-1 charset internally. My app expects all perl strings as utf8.

I think you could consider changing the encoding of the DB connection,
before trying to do that as inflate/deflate. It's the responsability of
the driver to get the strings correct inside Perl.

Not sure if the driver will recode from iso-8859-1 into UTF8 but I'll try.

Thanks,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: m...@simplicidade.org