Wolfgang Kinkeldei wrote:
Hello,

when using subqueries in the 'from' part of a query, sometimes the list of
@bind parameters is not maintained correct. As a simple testcase please find a
primitive subselect enclosed that just does a count with a correlated subquery.

<snip>
# a simple counting subquery
my $subquery = $schema->resultset('PersonRole')
        ->search( { role_id => 'admin' } ) # 1st bind param
        ->count_rs
        ->as_query;

my @people = $schema->resultset('Person')
        ->search(
            {
                'me.person_id' => 42, # 2nd bind param
            },
            {
                select => [ $subquery ],
                # whatever you join here, @bind gets confused
                join => 'person_regions'
            })
        ->all;
<snap>

All I can say at this point is that the problem lies somewhere in the way
count_rs processes arguments. However I need to see a *real* world search()
query to wrap my head around which use-case did I miss when I designed the
feature. Please provide me with a complete meaningful search()/DBIC_TRACE
pair, no matter how complex as long as it is complete.

Cheers