On 10/12/2016 08:25 PM, Christian Walde wrote:

I don't think what you're seeing is a drift in the community. I'm pretty
sure the community still thinks exactly as it did back then.

You asked them specifically whether you should be taking a strong
position *at the helm*. You got responses encouraging you to take
leadership in development, comparing it to a pumpking situation,
mentions of BDFL, and a general wish for your continued involvement.