On 10/12/2016 04:01 PM, David Golden wrote:

It would be helpful if we could go through your last update and
understand if there is still outstanding work you feel you could
deliver

David, you vacated my position as a "project owner", so there is nothing to deliver in this capacity. Your wording seems to place me on the hook for some work that I am obligated to perform, which I find... strange.

The specific technical questions you raised have answers, but they are really gnarly and complex, and require a dialog to fully grasp the crucial details. This isn't the thread (nor likely the forum - IRC is more suitable) to have such a dialog. Whenever someone steps up to actually start working on anything - I will be there with specifics, as long as the actual implementor is interested in hearing them.

Additionally as I said elsewhere[1] I still plan to:

* Regardless of what happens (and whether there is reasonable demand to
implementing anything extra), I intend to produce a general codebase
walkthrough, hopefully ready by the start of November. While I don't
want to hype it up, I intend for its level of detail to dwarf that of
[2]. This has been in planning for quite some time and the tools needed
to pull this off have been in development for a while as well.

This should round up any "loss of knowledge" concerns that the wider community could have.

I also must put this in perspective: nobody has done anything even remotely similar for any project that I know of, especially in such a situation. Let's... ease the pointy questions and the demands?

Cheers

[1] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012265.html
[2] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/1cf609901