> Each non-VM LS may post +1 or -1, and the aggregate of those form the LAV,
> which is +1 if the total is positive, -1 if negative, or abstain if 0.
>
> Voting closes after 72 hours of the last vote by anybody or after the
> outcome can no longer be affected by further votes.

In the interests of "stability" ... I'd suggest:

----

Each non-VM LS may post +1, -1 or abstain (which can cancel out a previous +1
or -1 vote).  The last vote posted is that user's final vote.  The aggregate of
those from the LAV will be -1 unless the total +1s exceed the -1s by at least
10%, in which case it is +1.

All -1s, whether from VM or non-VM, SHOULD include a reason, as in what is
preventing them from voting +1, so that patches to that effect could be
proposed.

----

The first paragraph here introduces a mild bias towards caution.  The second
introduces a mild bias towards progress (which is not the same as change).
Note that the abstain here is slightly based on the "=0" option for voting on
perlmonks - before that was introduced, someone could accidentally click on a
++ or -- and have no way to undo that click without reloading the page prior
to submitting other votes.

And thus, my vote for your proposal, Matt, is: "-1, because it's missing these
modifications."  :)