Things are getting more and more strange.

Attempt to isolate code failed; simple one-liner works.

$inode->{owner}->{id} from the original code is not an object.

In fact, problem was in different line, where plain status => 1 somehow turned into 'status' => bless( {
                               'value' => [
                                            1
                                          ]
                             }, 'Math::BigInt' ),