The following works for Gentoo Linux (my binaries are currently in /usr/local/sbin/):

/etc/init.d/dbmail-imapd
#!/sbin/runscript
# Copyright 1999-2002 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, v2 or later
# by Joseph B (Joby) Walker -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

depend() {
        need
}

start() {
        ebegin "Starting dbmail-impad"
        start-stop-daemon --start --quiet \
              --exec /usr/local/sbin/dbmail-imapd
        eend $?
}

stop() {
        ebegin "Stopping dbmail-imapd"
        until ! `grep dbmail-imapd /proc/*/stat 1>/dev/null 2>&1`
        do
                start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --name dbmail-imapd
        done
        eend $?
}

Jacques-Beaudoin wrote:

The INSTALL file does not mention how to start
the pop3 and imap deamon
Can somebody give me the way to start does deamon.
Thanks