outcome.

BTW:  My trace level is set to 5 and syslog = 1.  What facility/priority
does this go to in syslog, and how can it be modified.

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 06:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

--__--__--

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:47:03 +1300
Subject: Re: [Dbmail] Sub-Folders
From: Mark Mackay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dbmail@dbmail.org>

Mmm. One of our testing clients is Outlook and it seems to work fine. I
know
with Courier IMAP (which I played with about a year ago), everything was
subfolder of "INBOX."  They reserved the root tree for Shared folders
and
stuff. The problem was Outlook express for one didn't every try to call
"capabilities" so it didn't know this and always used to barf when
trying to
create folders. I made some hacks to change the namespace which solved
that
problem for me.

Moving back to dbmail -- I think the way dbmail does it *is* compatible
with
outlook/express.  I do seem to recall that there were some characters
that
were needed in the AcceptedMailboxChars array -- which may be especially
relevant if you're trying to use any funny character sets or using
punctuation, etc.  Try with a few basic names and setting the debug
level to
5. It may give you more of a clue.

/Mark

--
"Shortcuts Make For Long Delays" -J.R.R Tolken