Hi all!

I have two questions for everyone.

Both questions have the following common content:

The two servers mentioned are currently running Mandrake 8.1 with the funky ReiserFS filesystem. They both have all passwords and things in /etc/passwd + /etc/shadow (i.e. All users are real). Additionally, both use Postfix and both make heavy use of the virtual mapping that Postfix is capable of (our /etc/postfix/virtual files contain 100s of users in each case). In both cases, we are looking to drop DBMail in as a replacement, but:

* The first server uses UW-IMAP (I know, I should be flamed). We host hundereds of users on this box. Most users use POP3 to retrieve their stuff but some use a webmail interface. As we don't want to have to input their passwords again, we need to be able to migrate their account details and anything they may have in their mail folders.

* The second server uses Cyrus (I'm expecting the flames to be less...). We don't host as many users but some users have stupidly large mailboxes (one person has 4.3GB of stuff in theirs). We need to be able to migrate all their stuff over. Password migration isn't as much of an issue.

Essentially, I'm looking for recommendations for the DB in each case and any pointers to software to assist with the migration or, alternatively, tips on writing my own. I'm a pretty decent C, Java and bash(lol) coder. If you consider Haskell or Prolog useful, I know those as well. If the tools aren't out there to do the above, I'd be happy to write them and contribute them to the DBMail project as well as documentation of each process.

Thanks heaps for reading this long post!

Chris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]