Hi all,

I originally posted this to the dbmail-dev list, but it seems that the dev list is dead!

My users are slowly driving me insane due to the following problems with
DBMail (please laugh, as they are using Outlook Express):

1. Some (but not all) of the senders in the "From" field in folder view
have double quotes around their names. This wouldn't be a problem if all
messages were like this, but it breaks client-side sorting due to the
inconsistency...

2. Users are telling me that a folder may register a number of new
messages but will not display them without selecting another folder and
going back to that folder afterwards. Any ideas?

3. Some messages (of a particular format, still investigating) are never
visible in Outlook Express but are visible via SquirrelMail (problem 1
doesn't occur in SquirrelMail or Mozilla Mail either)

The obvious answer is "change the damned mail client" but I am avoiding
this due to training requirements.

I consider myself a competent C programmer and would be very willing to
fix these problems myself. Could someone help me and narrow down the
structure of dbmail a bit so I can get started?

Thanks in advance!

Chris