Thanks Paul. I have got this script working now.. (just manually at the mo), but when i run it, it restarts dbmail every time... is this correct?

Im guessing that it checks to see if the imap times out then restarts dbmail if it does.

Is the pop3 problem:

> A month ago or so i updated from dbmail-mysql 2.0.4-0.20050211 to
> dbmail2-mysql 2.0.4-1.20050630. Since then we have had a few problems
> with dbmail IMAP and POP just stopping responding... On a restart this
> is the output:

also covered by this script? In other words, is the pop3 a "br product" of the imap timing out. Sorry if i havent written this correctly :)

Simon

Paul J Stevens wrote:
timeout is in package timeout, iirc,
nc is in package netcat.

Simon wrote:

Paul J Stevens wrote:

check_dbmail() {
       timeout -1 2 nc -w 5 localhost imap 2>/dev/null |\
               head -1|grep -E '\* OK' || return 1
       return 0
}

Can someone let me know what debian package (etc) we get the command
'nc' from?