On 6/07/2012, at 8:40 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 05.07.2012 22:37, schrieb Simon:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> We are running dbmail 3.0.2 on debian squeeze for a client who all use Max
>> OSX and Apple Mail for their client... there is a weird issue(s):
>>
>> 1). When sending email, the email does not show up in the Sent Items folder
>> until they either "Rebuild" the folder or restart the app.
>>
>> 2). When saving something to draft, then subsequently sending the email they
>> end up with emails in the drafts folder with "No Recipients" and "No
>> Subject"
>>
>> Ive tried with some other email clients and cant replicate the issue, so it
>> seems its the Apple Mail client's issue.. has anyone else seen this and/or
>> know of a fix or workaround?
>
> not really, but i have seen so many issues with apple clients
> the last years starting with a lot of fidderent "sent"-folders
> from different mail.app an d differsent iOS versions, each containing
> some messages
>
> if there is no really good reason throw away any apple mail-client
> and replace it with thunderbird

Oh i agree with you... :D

But that does not work in the real world with normal users... Move the client
from their fav apple mail app to thunderbird all hell will brake loose :) Sorry
but "move your client to another app" is really not an answer for any technical
issue (but one that i hear all the time).

The client is more likely to say "we will find another supplier" than "yes we
will move to thunderbird as the mail server software you said was so great does
not work will apple mail".

I understand dbmail is open source, im not asking people to drop everything and
"just fix it", im just checking to see if any one as seen this issue and or
would understand how to go about trying to solve it before i move them to
another mail server....

Thanks!

Simon