Hello,

Petite Escalope schrieb:
> Hello,
> I need to make the profile of all countries of the world (area,
> population, currency, etc...)
>
> So I would like to have informations countained in infosboxes of all
> wikipedia country pages. (look at this exemple:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin)
>
> I'm sure DBPedia countains this informations but I can't understand how
> I can  get them!
>
> Could you help me with an exemple or something i can use?

How familiar are you with Semantic Web technologies? You can get this
information by performing a SPARQL query at http://dbpedia.org/sparql. I
would build the query by selecting instances of dbpedia-owl:Country
(http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Country) and then pick the properties you want:

select * where {
?country a dbpedia-owl:Country .
?country dbpedia-owl:areaMetro ?area }

The difficult part is to make the query as complete as possible, in
particular if the property you are looking for is not in the DBpedia
ontology (i.e. its URI is starting with http://dbpedia.org/ontology/).
In that case you need to query for several properties and use OPTIONAL
patterns in your query.

Kind regards,

Jens