On 9/28/10 3:43 AM, Roberto Mirizzi wrote:
>    Il 28/09/2010 00:00, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> You have two data spaces: DBpedia and Freebase, you should make a third
>> -- yours, which I think you have via ookaboo.
>>
>> Place the fixed (cleansed) data  in your ookaboo data space, connect the
>> coreferenced entities using an "owl:sameAs" relation, scope queries that
>> are accuracy sensitive to your ookaboo data space.  Use inference rules
>> for union expansion across DBpedia and Freebase via "owl:sameAs", when
>> data quality requirements are low and data expanse requirements high.
>>
>> That's how you clean up the mess and potentially get compensated for
>> doing so, in the process :-)
>>
> I think I'm missing something with this approach. If you link, with
> owl:sameAs, a resource with e.g., the corresponding one in DBpedia, and
> the two resources have two different coordinates, it would lead to an
> inconsistency due to the semantics of owl:sameAs, isn't it?
> After all, overcoming this problem is one of the reasons for the Okkam
> Project [1].
> So, how do you plan to deal with this issue?
>
> [1] http://www.okkam.org/okkam-more

No, you have a 3rd data space, and in that data space you fix the
coordinates. You simply use owl:sameAs to keep links to the other data
spaces that provide access to broader pool of data modulo questionable
geo coordinates etc..

The owner of the third data space is providing specific value i.e.,
accurate coordinates.

I think the single canonical URI misconception is what's clouding the
obvious re. what I am suggesting :-)  There are going to be lots of data
spaces on the Web that focus on the quality aspects of Linked Data. The
owners of these data spaces, will also discover intriguing business
models in this area.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen