Hi Michael,

regarding the redirects, it would really be a lot of work to code something that distinguishes them into owl:sameAs and rdfs:seeAlso.

That said, I am sure that somebody already did this, see e.g. here: https://scholar.google.de/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=wikipedia+redirects&btnG= maybe this one: Analyzing and accessing Wikipedia as a lexical semantic resource

At the moment we are facing two major challenges, which will hopefully be fixed in the next weeks:

1. it is hard to contribute to DBpedia: we are developing a client to push external efforts to DBpedia via the DBpedia Databus, see here: https://github.com/dbpedia/data-release-tool-ti/blob/master/README.md

So in the future, anybody who creates such an extension or a let's call it a fork of the "DBpedia redirects" dataset can push it again. Ideally, we release metadata about the releases and others can scan for new data and then run their tools automatically and re-publish results. We recently had a call for first people to help us test the release client: https://sourceforge.net/p/dbpedia/mailman/message/36375367/

2. URIs from Wikipedia are not stable in the first place. Not sure about the percentage, but let's say 5% of the uris get changed and redirected each year

We have created new URIs that are stable. Alex Olieman has already created a service to map them:

https://e.hum.uva.nl/same-thing/lookup/?uri=http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q8087

But you can see that the service is also not using the redirects for the reasons stated by Nicolas:

https://e.hum.uva.nl/same-thing/lookup/?uri=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Brown_pelican

https://e.hum.uva.nl/same-thing/lookup/?uri=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Brown_Pelican

Some notes about the service:

- the global ids will be http://global.dbpedia.org/id/${base58endodedBigInt} we had a conflict with id.dbpedia.org

- the ids are generated by enumerating all uris af the sources with bigints and then merge them into clusters based on owl:sameAs

While this works great per se, we still need a better control over the owl:sameAs links that go into the merge. But the effect is that the IDs are stable.

As you are updating at the moment, I would suggest that you store the new ids alongside in your app, which will make further updates much easier.

In general, the data fused in the new releases will be much richer as they combine data from all wikipedias and wikidata into one space.

All the best,

Sebastian