hi all,

as Wikidata and other datasets based on Wikipedia do not seem to provide
usable short abstracts, I am fetching them via the Wikipedia Article URI/IRI
from a third source.

Currently, this is my local version of DBpedia, which is a bit outdated
(2015-10).

It seems that DBpedia uses a special process to generate short abstracts and
that Wikipedia itself does not provide abstracts of compareable quality.

So where is the most current version of DBpedia? It seems to be at

 http://downloads.dbpedia.org/repo/lts/

But if I go into the text/short-abstracts directory, there is only one
subdirectory named 2016.10.01. Does this mean that the most recent version
of the short abstracts is from the 2016-10 release?

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer