Dnia Tuesday 01 of January 2008, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo napisał:
> Em Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 04:18:36PM +0100, Tomasz Grobelny escreveu:
> > >
> > > Here is the screenshot I captured a few days ago. Details:
> > >  - kernel-vanilla 2.6.24rc5,
> >
> > Now I'm using kernel as described in Arnaldo's mail (davem/net-2.6.25 +
> > patches 0001 to 0051).
>
> dccp_hdlr_ack_ratio is not on net-2.6.25, which means it is in one of
> the 0001 to 0051 patches from Gerrit. So, to help us understand where is
> the problem you could try building a kernel without applying any of the
> 0001 to 0051 patches.
>
> Could you do this at and report the results?

But what should I exactly test? Just whether the delays are gone or something
more? I'll try to when I have some time (hopefully during weekend).

> I'm also assuming you are using CCID2 either by explicitely using
> feature negotiation setsockopt calls or by using the default, that is
In fact I was using ccid3. When I switched to ccid2 it started to work more or
less ok. It seems that for whatever reason ccid_hc_tx_send_packet is
returning too big values (up to 64000).

> CCID2. If this is the case it would also be interesting to, before
> rebuilding the kernel, to try using CCID3 as the problem you're
> experiencing when using netem is exactly in the interface between the
> core DCCP code and the CCID being used.

The problem with netem exists with both ccid2 and ccid3. I suspect that when
all three elements of the connection (server, client and netem) are on one
host netem is able to communicate packet loss by returning error. If netem
was on a diffrent host the packet would be sent correctly (no BUG: err=1
after ccid_hc_tx_packet_sent) but dropped on another host. I think that in
this situation dccp should behave as if the packet was simply dropped.
--
Regards,
Tomasz Grobelny