Teddy -

I found there was a UPI wire story that appeared in many newspapers about this
one.

I have a suggested updated entry.  What do you think?

Band Grateful Dead

Venue Tompkins Square Park

Location New York, NY

Date 6/1/67 - Thursday posters  tickets, passes & laminates

Comments A UPI wire story appeared in many newspapers which said "The explosion
burst on Tompkins Square Thursday afternoon when a rock 'n' roll band, "The
Grateful Dead" from San Francisco, with amplifiers turned up to infinity took
over the bandshell and loosed a blast that could be heard blocks away. Oldsters
sunning themselves in the normally quiet park looked stunned."  Mike Bobrik, an
eyewitness, recalls they played: The Golden Road, Dancin' in the Streets,
Midnight Hour, BIODTL, Schoolgirl, Cold Rain and Snow, Morning Dew, and Viola
Lee Blues.

Download Sources

Recordings

Contributors Ed Doherty , Mike Bobrik

Caretaker Teddy Goodbear email update

Here is the current online entry for comparison.  It looks kind of messy:

Band Grateful Dead

Venue Tompkins Square Park

Location New York, NY

Date 6/1/67 - Thursday posters  tickets, passes & laminates

Comments Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 13:36:15 -0800 From: Mike Bobrik
[nvbo...@nv.cc.va.us] Subject: Old Set Lists Like your site. Was looking
through the early set lists. and please add: 6/1/67 tompkins Square Park NY,
NY. [Incomplete and in very approximate order]: Golden Road, Dancin' in the
Streets, Midnight Hour, BIODTL, Schoolgirl, Cold Rain and Snow, Dew, Viola Lee.
My first show. Thanks, MAB For a review see Ed Doherty's page: <
http://www.winternet.com/~edoherty/ >