Hello
I was wondering if the following is possible using deal.II. My main concern is
the order of evaluation of the nodes in a triangulation.
1. I'd like to create an object for every vertex in a triangulation.
While (time < stop_time) { 2. For
every vertex, a series of actions will be carried out on the attached
object. The state of each object must be maintained till the end of the
program.
3. The solution from every object at each vertex will be gathered into a
solution vector. 4. This solution will be set as the initial condition for
a parabolic pde.
5. The solution from the parabolic pde will be set as initial
condition again for the objects at the vertices. Here, I'd need to
extract each nodal solution and pass it to the 'correct' object based
on its
coordinates in the triangulation. 6. Same actions as in step 2.
7. Same action as in step 3.. 8. Save solution.}
What
I'm most worried about is how to pass the correct solution at the
correct vertex to the object and vice-versa. This is also regardless of
what type of element used, i.e., Q1, Q2, etc.
Your advice is much appreciated.
Regards
Ted
P.S: Also sent this to the mailing list via my gmail address but not sure if it
made it. If it did, apologies for the duplicate.
_______________________________________________
dealii mailing list http://poisson.dealii.org/mailman/listinfo/dealii