Hi Marco,

Thats a good question. It doesn't look like its explicitly documented
anywhere as to which packages deal.II *requires* Trilinos to be built with
(i.e. utilises directly or offers some wrapped functionality for). I'll
make a note to do this on the GitHub repository.

Hints to the answer come from the recommended build instructions for
Trilinos, which can be found here
<https://www.dealii.org/developer/external-libs/trilinos.html>, and the
documentation for the Trilinos-related functions that are compartmentalised
in their own namespace as documented here
<https://www.dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/namespaceTrilinosWrappers.html>.

>From the latter you see that deal.II primarily offers wrappers for classes
associated with linear algebra. On the tutorials
<https://www.dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/Tutorial.html> is a list
of examples that use Trilinos. There is also some Sacado-related
functionality (see, for example, here
<https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/include/deal.II/base/sacado_product_type.h>

and here
<https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/tests/base/derivative_forms_01.cc>),

but to what extent I'm not sure.

If I'm not mistaken, the build configuration for Trilinos is set by this
script
<https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/cmake/configure/configure_2_trilinos.cmake>
 which
implies that deal.II links to the following libraries:

> Amesos Epetra Ifpack AztecOO Sacado Teuchos ML [MueLu]

I hope that this helps,
J-P