On 07/03/2016 03:50 PM, Ehsan Esfahani wrote:
Dear All,

Greetings. I changed step-25 (minor changes) in order to solve my problem. Now
I want to change this code for parallel computation based on the method
mentioned in step-40. I got several errors and solved them one by one but the
following error:

    /Number of active cells: 1024
    //   Total number of cells: 1365
    //{[0,4224]}//
    //Time step #1; advancing to t = 0.1.
> [...]
    //[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
    probably memory access out of range
> [...]

/
/
Eclipse gives me a backtrace in the following line of the code:
/    solver.solve (system_matrix, completely_distributed_solution_update,
system_rhs,/
/                  preconditioner);/
I have no idea why I got this error. The code is running properly for /fe(1)
/and /n_global_refinements (4)/ but when I change them to /fe(2)/ and
n_global_refinments (4) I got that error related to /Segmentation Violation.
/Do you know what's going on? Also, I have attached the code here . Thanks in
advance for your help.

Ehsan,

segmentation violations (SEGV) are typically easy to debug because you can get a backtrave in the debugger of the exact place where it happens, and you can then look at the local variables to see why this may have happened. Have you tried to run the program in a debugger and see what is going on?