Dear Samuel,

Yes, it would definitely be possible to replace/augment the current
constitutive law with a rate-dependent law. Beside a new definition of the
stress and material tangent, you presumably also need to store some
variables for you local problem and solve for them at the correct time.
Within PointHistory::update_values, you could solve the local problem
immediately after you fix the kinematic data at the current increment, i.e.
material->update_material_data(F, p_tilde, J_tilde);
material->solve_local_problem();
and then you can compute the stress etc.

As for the stress-strain data, you would have to process and export it
yourself in, for example, the post-processing function.

If you are worried about the complexity of the code, there is also an
example of one-field elasticity
<https://dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/code_gallery_Quasi_static_Finite_strain_Compressible_Elasticity.html>

in the code gallery that you can work off of. This is a cut-down version of
step-44, and there are several elastoplasticity examples there as well.

Good luck!
J-P