So why is it not 162x162?

step-17 claims to solve same problem as step-8. If one produces symmetry
matrix and the other does not or both do not -- this is suspicious.
Anyway, I recommend you creating an issue on github and put short
description with the link to this thread. People who created step-17 will
more likely see it there than go into details of this thread.

Best,
Alexander