Hi Peter,

How exactly did you compile the tutorial? Just for clarification, are you
trying to use some custom build configuration or did you follow the
standard guidelines (mentioned in the introduction to step-1
<https://www.dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/step_1.html#Aboutthetutorial>),

namely
$ cmake .   # Configure the build environment and construct a makefile to
build the program
$ make      # Build the tutorial

J-P