On 09/22/2016 11:13 AM, Andrew Lambe wrote:
I'm trying to include the bundled UMFPACK package in my deal.II
installation, but when I switch the options DEAL_II_WITH_LAPACK and
DEAL_II_WITH_UMFPACK on, I get a weird error from CMake that the LAPACK
library is not detected. I say weird because I have installed BLAS and
LAPACK in the default location /usr/lib (via Ubuntu packages). If I
switch these options off, the configuration and compile run without
issue. Specifying the directory via the LAPACK_DIR option doesn't help.

Unfortunately, I need UMFPACK to run some of my existing examples so I
want those options to be on. I recently upgraded my Ubuntu version via a
fresh install, so this could be the source of the issue, (missing
package, broken link, etc.) but I'm having trouble chasing it down.

I have included the terminal output with the above options off
(terminal_out_ok.txt) and on (terminal_out_bad.txt) as well as the error
logs for the second case. Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew,
can you post the output of
  ls -l /usr/lib/liblapack*
or of
  ls -l /usr/lib64/liblapack*
depending on whether you have a 32 or 64 bit system?

Best
 W.