Dear Anup.

I notice that this question has been asked before
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/dealii/DQ_FWR7z_gA/iOrdJEOSAAAJ;context-place=forum/dealii>,

but remains without an answer. I'm not sure that this is possible - so far,
save
<https://www.dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/classVector.html#a753f299ab91013f742448f5bfc0f4b68>

and load
<https://www.dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/classVector.html#a3b7a75b54cfee3d921a467f2ca126b54>
 functions
only read/write to boost archive data structures. You're probably better
off investigating using these functions instead of a VTK file. That being
said, if its an ASCII VTK file then it wouldn't be too difficult it
wouldn't be too difficult to implement such functionality. But things could
get tricky if you are using parallel data structures.

Regards,
J-P