Thank you Bruno for your answers, I failed to mention that I use Fenics
with C++, not with Python, sorry about that. I just have few points to ask,
if you can bear with me.

1 - Is it truly thread-safe? As in running a single analysis, or running
>> several (no data sharing), without problems.
>>
> deal.II is thread-safe but PETSc is not so if you are using deal.II with
> PETSc, your code won't be thread-safe.

So can I use solvers as in Tutorial 3, for instance, and I'll be safe and
sound?

> 2 - Are there facilities of some kind that can help in generating the
>> assembly code? In Fenics I just specified the weak formulations.
>>
> You need to write the code in C++ and loop over cells, quadrature points,
> and basis functions yourself. So this will be more verbose than what you do
> in Fenics.

I don't mind at all, I started using FEMs way back, when there was no
Fenics.

However, is someone planning some additions to deal.II to make it less
verbose, as in, for example, providing a DSL for that?

> 4 - I see Trilinos is included, is it possible to avoid completely
>> PETSc/SLEPc, since they're not AFAIK thread-safe?
>>
> Yes, you can. I am not an expert of SLEPc but I think that the anasazi
> package from Trilinos https://trilinos.org/packages/anasazi has similar
> capabilities However, I am not sure what is in the Mac binary. I don't know
> if it comes with Trilinos and if it does, it may come with only the
> packages required to run deal.II.

And just in case, is there a default eigensolver that is shipped for sure
with the DMG?

> 5 - Is there a multithreaded linear solver and vector operations, or
>> should I write them myself?
>>
> The linear solvers and the vector operations are multithreaded if you use
> deal.II own solvers and vectors. Many operations done inside deal.II are
> multithreaded but you are in charge of making sure that the code that you
> are writing is multithreaded. There is an infrastructure to help you with
> that though.

That is reasonable. This is very good news to me. To what infrastructure
are you referring to?

> 7 - Is eliminating binary distributions (DMGs and such) on the horizon?
>>
> No.

This is really awesome!

Thanks,
    Franco