Thank you everyone. I understand your suggestions. From what I learned now
in deal.II is, that each cell is owned by a specific processor which means
I cannot access the information within a locally owned cell. That's why I
have to loop over all cells and work with distributed data without using
locally owned entities.

Maybe I describe my aim more properly. I like to find the maximum value
within a MPI vector such as our locally_relevant_solution in step-40.
Hence, I have to loop over all cells and all nodes to find where the
geometrical position and value of the displacement lies. How is this
possible within a parallely distributed environment?

My approach using local_dof_indices is somehow impossible:

for (; cell != endc; ++cell, ++cell_number)
{
     pcout << "CELL ID: " << cell_number << std::endl;     // this works
surprisingly.

     cell->get_dof_indices(local_dof_indices);    // Output or accessing
this won't work I assume.

     for (unsigned int i = 0, j = 1; i < fe.dofs_per_cell; i += 2, j += 2)
     {
  double displacement_x = locally_relevant_solution(local_dof_indices[i]);
  double displacement_y = locally_relevant_solution(local_dof_indices[j]);

double config_forces_norm = sqrt(config_forces_x * config_forces_x +
config_forces_y * config_forces_y);
     }
}