Thanks for answering!

The warnings come from my code, which is in developing stage!
In the installation I had before,
[-Wunused-variable],[-Wunused-parameter],[-Wunused-but-set-variable] did
not show up. It's a bummer that changing deal.II version will make such a
difference! As I am not proficient in cmake, I still think it would be
useful to know how to pass compiler flags by modifying CMakeLists.