On 08/04/2017 04:23 AM, 'Maxi Miller' via deal.II User Group wrote:
When creating boundary conditions, I can use the parameter component_mask in order to set boundary conditions only for a part of my system. Now I want to set initial conditions for the same system. One approach is using

VectorTools::project

but there I can not see an option for component_mask in the files. Is there another way to project initial conditions only on a part of the system?

No, but you can always project all components and then just ignore those parts of the projected vector that you don't care about.