and I take that back, we are not using -isystem:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_dealii_dealii_pull_3897&d=DwIBaQ&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=4k7iKXbjGC8LfYxVJJXiaYVu6FRWmEjX38S7JmlS9Vw&m=dIL3wBEPhKcZ12-PL_OQDXRtmH6p_Vzgxdj4W-7qBsE&s=fVxmbdfreL4p1rCxGSP3IVICyedU6jM1ssJGagsPdZM&e=

Something else must be wrong in his configuration.