Hi there

Like Wolfgang said, you need to elaborate your question. I ran your code
and I did see positive x-displacement in a certain area. I guess your
question was that you expected the grid to be actually deformed? If so,
that is because your results were plotted on the original mesh. Look at the
move_mesh function in step-18 or the output_results function in step-44.

Best
Jie