Lucas,

those kind of bugs are hard to find. Honestly, the bug could still be
in your code, inside deal.II, inside PETSc, inside MUMPS, or related
to the software/hardware you are running on.

I know this won't be of much help, but I would suggest you try a
different solver to see if MUMPS is the problematic part here. Maybe
they are doing some invalid operations (maybe one processor has no
DoFs?). Try to simplify your test problem as much as possible. If the
problem is small enough, test on a different machine
(workstation/laptop), run using valgrind, etc..

Best,
Timo

--
Timo Heister