Hi Bruno,

I only heard about applying flux limiters on advection/convection problems,
but not on diffusion-related ones. This conforms with what I recently found
in literature, but I may skipped something crucial.

The equation of interest is the heat equation:

<https://latex.codecogs.com/gif.download?%5Cpartial_t%20u%20-%20%5Cpartial_x%28%20k%20%5Cpartial_x%20u%20%29%20%3D%200>
Do you think that flux limiters or TVDs work for a combination like this?

<https://latex.codecogs.com/gif.download?%5Cpartial_t%20u%20+%20%5Cpartial_x%28%20f%28u%29%20%29%20%3D%200%20%5Cquad%5Ctext%7Bwith%7D%5Cquad%20f%28u%29%20%3D%20-%20k%20%5Cpartial_x%20u>
I also suspect that I missed some lower bound on a stability constraint for
the factor (k*timestepsize)? But from von Neumann analysis, I only get an
upper one on that.

I hope that one of you has any experience on that to share :)

Best,
Marc