Hi,

Deal.II has been used in numerous applications, including but not limited
to solid mechanics,
see publication lists http://www.dealii.org/publications.html
and also publications of my colleague
Jean-Paul
https://ltm-en.cms.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/person/pelteret-jean-paul-ph-d/
who is focused on solid mechanics and multi-physics problems.

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 10:14:13 AM UTC+1, alan...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am taking the FEM course on coursera sponsored by u-mich. I just
> installed deal.ii and successfully ran the first example. I am quite happy
> with that, but before learning more, I want to make sure how suitable is
> deal.ii for me (in the professional aspect, I am a civil engineer) and how
> much I can achieve with it.
>
> a) Is it possible to include any material constitutive relation, for
> example, Todeshini Stress-strain relationship (Figure b) ?

deal.II works with weak forms, so it's agnostic to the origin of PDE and
thereby you can introduce whatever
constitutive equation to close the system. But you would need to implement
it yourself.

Cheers,
Denis