I tried to use code from step-22 and from the sources you recommended.
The problem is that the solution is zero over the body except the boundary
where
Dirichlet conditions were set. It is just one iteration. I don't know why
they are not in use.
Briefly, my code consists of the following steps which are perfomed in turn
(from 1 to 5)
1) Setup variables and constraints
dof_handler.distribute_dofs (fe);
    {
        constraints.clear ();
        DoFTools::make_hanging_node_constraints(dof_handler, constraints);
        VectorTools::interpolate_boundary_values(dof_handler,
                                                 1,
                                                 boundary_u_handler[1],
                                                 constraints);

        VectorTools::interpolate_boundary_values(dof_handler,
                                                 3,
                                                 boundary_u_handler[3],
                                                 constraints);
    }
    constraints.close ();
    DynamicSparsityPattern dsp(dof_handler.n_dofs(), dof_handler.n_dofs());
    DoFTools::make_sparsity_pattern(dof_handler, dsp, constraints, false);
    sparsity_pattern.copy_from (dsp);
    system_matrix.reinit (sparsity_pattern);
    solution.reinit (dof_handler.n_dofs());
    system_rhs.reinit (dof_handler.n_dofs());

2) Assembling FEM matrix
    FEValues<dim> fe_values (fe, quadrature_formula,
                             update_values   | update_gradients |
                             update_quadrature_points | update_JxW_values);

    const unsigned int   dofs_per_cell = fe.dofs_per_cell;
    const unsigned int   n_q_points    = quadrature_formula.size();

    FullMatrix<double>   cell_matrix (dofs_per_cell, dofs_per_cell);
    Vector<double>       cell_rhs (dofs_per_cell);
    std::vector<types::global_dof_index> local_dof_indices (dofs_per_cell);

    // Loop over all cells:
    for (auto cell = dof_handler.begin_active(); cell!=dof_handler.end();
++cell) {
        cell_matrix = 0;
        cell_rhs = 0;
        fe_values.reinit(cell);
        for (unsigned int i = 0; i < dofs_per_cell; ++i) {
            for (unsigned int j = 0; j < dofs_per_cell; ++j) {
                for (unsigned int q_point = 0; q_point < n_q_points;
                     ++q_point) {
                    const SymmetricTensor<2, dim>
                            eps_phi_i = get_strain(fe_values, i, q_point),
                            eps_phi_j = get_strain(fe_values, j, q_point);
                    cell_matrix(i, j) +=
                            (eps_phi_i * stress_strain_tensor * eps_phi_j
                             *
                             fe_values.JxW(q_point));
                }
            }
        }
        cell->get_dof_indices (local_dof_indices);
        constraints.
                distribute_local_to_global(cell_matrix, cell_rhs,
                                           local_dof_indices,
                                           system_matrix, system_rhs);
    }

3) Assembling RHS vector
     FEValues<dim> fe_values (fe, quadrature_formula,
                             update_values   | update_gradients |
                             update_quadrature_points | update_JxW_values);

    FEFaceValues<dim> fe_face_values (fe, face_quadrature_formula,
                                      update_values   |
update_normal_vectors |
                                      update_quadrature_points |
update_JxW_values);

    const unsigned int   dofs_per_cell = fe.dofs_per_cell;
    const unsigned int   n_q_points    = quadrature_formula.size();
    const unsigned int   n_face_q_points = face_quadrature_formula.size();
    FullMatrix<double>   cell_matrix (dofs_per_cell, dofs_per_cell);

    // right hand side vector for the cell
    Vector<double>       cell_rhs (dofs_per_cell);
    std::vector<types::global_dof_index> local_dof_indices (dofs_per_cell);
    std::vector<Vector<double> > rhs_values (n_q_points,
                                             Vector<double>(dim));
    // reinit right hand side
    system_rhs.reinit (dof_handler.n_dofs());
    // loop over all cells:
    for (auto cell = dof_handler.begin_active(); cell!=dof_handler.end();
++cell) {
        cell_matrix = 0;
        cell_rhs = 0;
        fe_values.reinit (cell);
        // Assembling the right hand side boundary terms
        for (unsigned int face_number=0;
             face_number<GeometryInfo<dim>::faces_per_cell; ++face_number) {
            Tensor<1, dim> neumann_vector_value;
            if (cell->face(face_number)->at_boundary()) {
                int id = cell->face(face_number)->boundary_id();
                if (boundary_force.find(id) != boundary_force.end()) {
                    fe_face_values.reinit(cell, face_number);
                    // quadrature
                    for (unsigned int i = 0; i < dofs_per_cell; ++i) {
                        const unsigned int component_i =
fe.system_to_component_index(i).first;
                        for (unsigned int q = 0; q < n_face_q_points; ++q) {
                            boundary_force_handler.force_value(
                                    fe_face_values.quadrature_point(q),
                                    neumann_vector_value,
                                    fe_face_values.normal_vector(q),
                                    id);

                            cell_rhs(i) +=
neumann_vector_value[component_i] *
                                           fe_face_values.shape_value(i, q)
*
                                           fe_face_values.JxW(q);
                        }
                    }
                }

            }
        }
        cell->get_dof_indices (local_dof_indices);
        constraints.
                distribute_local_to_global(cell_matrix, cell_rhs,
                                           local_dof_indices,
                                           system_matrix, system_rhs);
    }

4) Solve
     SolverRichardson<> rich(solver_control);
    PreconditionSSOR<> preconditioner;
    preconditioner.initialize(system_matrix, 1.2);
    rich.solve (system_matrix, solution, system_rhs, preconditioner);

5)
    constraints.distribute (image_solution);

The problem is that left boundary is fixed, up and down is under zero
force, and right boundary is displaced to the right.
The solution without 5) is zero, and with 5) it is zero everywhere outside
non-zero dirichlet boundary.
However the correct solution is linear x_displacement profile from zero on
the right boundary to non-zero value on the left.
I uploaded figure in the post above.

Regards