Hello -

I apologize since this question is likely obvious to most, but a quick
search didn't reveal the answer to me.

Is there a FiniteElement in deal.II that allows the addition of degrees of
freedom at gauss points so that the DoFHandler object also manages them?
For example, I would like to have just a standard Lagrangian finite element
interpolated with the plain bilinear shape functions for nodal degrees of
freedom but I also have a single degree of freedom at each gauss point
within the element (and, consequently, residual equations at each gauss
point in each element). Is this possible in deal.II to have degrees of
freedom not associated with nodes?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jonathan